Here at MiniMe Marketing we help clients maximise their reach by using methods of targeted marketing. Although some activities used are similar to that of mass marketing, we feel that targeting a specific audience helps a business to maximise how many existing and new customers they can reach. We have made a short list that can hopefully make it easier for you to reach a targeted market while still using a mass marketing approach.
It is arguable that mass marketing is impossible, due to the ever-changing world of digital technology, and previous methods becoming outdated quicker than they can be replaced. It seems to be getting more and more difficult to increase the size of your audience and reach the audience you currently have. Although the internet is probably the best place to market your company, with people checking their phone on average 157 times a day and over 40% of the world’s population using the internet, it is easy to get left in the dark if you don’t keep up with on-going online trends.
- Increase exposure with social buttons – If you are active on a variety of social media platforms, you might be restricting your audience by not showing this on your website. Gain a bigger audience by advertising your activity on different social media sites in plain sight on your homepage and through live feeds.
- Reduce information overload! –An information overload can result in people being more likely to forget what they’ve read. Simplistic, jargon free content is inviting to the reader and the use of images and videos alongside pieces of writing will keep people interested and possibly attract a new audience to your company.
- Post new content regularly – Posting new content online not only keeps your existing audience updated, but can bring your company to the attention of new users. Consistent updates ether it’s blog posts, news or social media can result in putting your company at the top of some search engines and social media recommended menus and increase user traffic.
- Make subscribing easy – Emails are a great way to keep existing clients up to date with your company, so you should make it as easy as possible for new users to subscribe to your email listing. Keep your subscription form simple and accessible.
- Be geographic or sector specific – Use geographic or sector specific hashtag hours on your social media. For example, if your business is based in Manchester you can use the twitter hashtag “#ManchesterHour”. This is then browsed upon by other business owners on a Thursday between 8-9pm.
- Incentivise word of mouth recommendations – Sometimes the easiest way to advertise is through your existing clientele, try offering an incentive like a discount offer for any existing customers who get a new customer to come to your business, or even just get your customers to write a testimonial that you can share.
It might be impossible to market your company to the entire planet, but keeping your existing audience and gaining a larger following isn’t! We hope that this short list of tips helps you market your company to its full potential, but if you need any more help with marketing, don’t hesitate to call us on 01925 693651.